The reason I share those backdrop details is because the missionaries were back a few weeks ago for a short rest and we took the opportunity to spend time with them and sow into each others' lives. They shared again about the future of the ministry and what was going to soon take place. That God has had his eye on us and will continue to watch over us. They shared that discouragement would soon come, but "do not fear". That this was simply a predecessor to a big breakthrough in the ministry. The discouragement came very quickly in the form of trials with Dawn's mother's health, as well as a few other battles. Praise the Lord that he prepared us before hand because we have been able to pray through and continue on.
Based on what God has been showing us in prayer and through others' encouragement we see the next year being a very fruitful season into more full-time ministry.
The Sunday after our meeting, three youth were present at our church service while I was teaching. Many words of encouragement were spoken to them through various church members that were very significant to us personally. Through these words, Dawn and I realized that God is going to raise up youth around us to assist in this ministry. He also stirred in our hearts to be more focused and attentive to sowing into the lives on those young people that attend our church.
We have been in a waiting season for much of the last year, wanting to carefully move only where we feel God is actively working. Because of this, somethings have not progressed as quickly as I would want, but as we learn to trust Him we realize the necessity of this. He is now beginning to stir up the nest and wanting us to learn to jump out of the nest and see if we can fly.
We are beginning to pray and strategize for the upcoming year to make sure we focus our time and energy toward what God is directing us toward.
Please stand with us in prayer for our Impossible God Goals for 2015 that only He can accomplish:
- The airplane to come that He promised us while we were praying back in the Spring of 2012
- Our land to be miraculously paid off. Again we weren't seeking Him for this but one morning while praying together He spoke to both of us independently that He would pay it off
- To see our ministry fully established and be working closely with youth in the greater Cedar Rapids area
- To go on a mission trip to work with our missionary friends and see God moving amongst the Native American community
- For Dawn's mom to be completely healed of her health issues stemming all the way back to a brain aneurysm 20 years ago and for complete healing in our relationship with her